Monday, May 7, 2012

Aargh Mateys! Our Study of Pirates...

The past two weeks we have been learning about pirates and oh my goodness, my little ones are going NUTS over this!! I am surprised at how much even the girly-girls love it! Last week we made the glyph from Deanna Jump's unit (with a few changes):






I love this one's green teeth! So perfect for a pirate!


And then last Friday we made these adorable pirate ship snacks I found on Pinterest. I am way too addicted to Pinterest...


 Here is the link to where this originally came from. The cute little flags are on this website too.
Pinterest Pirate Snack

So far this week we found a Treasure Map at school and had to follow it to find the buried treasure and our stuffed Ikea foods that the pirates had stolen! The kids had a blast with this and we turned it into a math activity by counting our "paces" and then equally dividing up the gold among the whole class.



And then today we colored in little pirates and I put their pictures as their faces on the pirates. They also had to write little speech bubbles of what their pirates would say:



I love to see how excited they are getting over this!! 
Tomorrow we have our field trip to the Strawberry Patch. I can't wait to post pictures of that too!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your pirate activities! The snacks are great! I may have to try it next year...

    Heather (new follower)
    Http://teachittoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete